Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Friday, September 4, 2009

Icky Sicky Poo

Don't ask me how I got sick my last weekend before school starts. Oh wait! Duh. That's right. Nolan got sick HIS first week of school so in turn got ME sick this week. Awesome. I haven't been sick all summer thankfully, and now I am being reminded of the hazardous nature of being a schoolteacher. Strong immune system and ability to work while woozy should be in every teacher's job description.


I made Jason look up acupuncturists on our insurance and I will be making a call to one next week to try to nip this in the bud. I really can't do another year like last year where I was chronically sick with colds, the flu, and a host of other nasty bugs. I am hoping that a naturopathic doc can give me holistic ways to boost my health and maybe some herbal remedies and/or acupuncture to strengthen my immune system, which has never been that strong anyway. You would think after all these years of working with kids my immune system would figure out a way to get it together on it's own, but I don't think it is the quickest greyhound on the track and needs some nudging.

It was funny because I was at school today helping my friend and co-teacher Aja get the classroom ready for the kiddos. As I was leaving and moaning about my illness, I said, "I'm going to go home and make Jason wait on me hand and foot this weekend." Aja goes, "Um... How is that different from any other weekend?" Touche, Friend. You know me all too well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin