Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A new beginning!

School starts tomorrow! I am so excited to get into the swing of things but also nervous because it will be my first year with my own classroom! At least I have a few months to get into the swing of things! I co-teach until November, when another teacher goes on maternity leave until after Spring Break! My school is what I call high-demand. They expect ALOT of their teachers, and I hope I meet those expectations! I met alot of the parents tonight, both in my Kinder and Preschool rooms, and they are all so sweet and supportive. I knew some of them from last year, but not all. I love the ELC because they have such a strong community. If you would like to follow along with what we are up to in our classroom, you can check out the school website here. You can go on the blog page, and the first few months I'll be in Kinder. Click on Aja's blog. The second half of the year I will be taking over Laurel's class, so you can click on that link to see my preschoolers!

Being with the kiddos tonight really made me want a baby so bad. Those ovulation strips ran out with no indicator of ovulating! What does that mean? Does it mean that I didn't ovulate? Or that I ovulated late or am ovulating now? I am not someone who can handle delayed gratification very well. When I decide to do something, I want it to happen right away. So, the sooner I get pregnant, the better. Knowing God, though, He'll use this pregnancy thing as a way to make me grow in patience... Not my strong point!

I'll leave you with this cartoon, clearly and accurately illustrating the difference between me (the newbie) and old fogies who need to retire so the rest of my friends can get jobs! Enjoy!

P.S. Tomorrow will mark the return of Teaching Tidbits - the insightful, hilarious or just plain STRANGE things kids say!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Katie. Remember, the easiest way to make God laugh is to tell Him your plans. :) We've been learning that lesson the hard way. Good luck with the first day, and the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a natural with those kids. I can't wait to hear the wonderful stories.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin