Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fall for your nails

I am into nail polish. I am not what you would call a super girly-girl, and certainly not high-maintenance, but I do enjoy getting dressed up and cute now and again. I strive to never become a frumpy wife (even when I have eight kids, five dogs and Jason is in residency). If you see me tending in that direction, feel free to hit me over the head with a pickle or something of that nature.

Anyway, I like to keep my nails painted, even though I chew them. Yum, yum, yum. I have just a few absolutely favorite fall polishes, one of which I haven't tried but it is going to come out soon. Watch for them on my stubby nails.

This is called Linkin Park After Dark by OPI. It is dark purple, almost black, but not black enough to scream Halloween. I tried a different version at first, because I couldn't find LPAD anywhere, and it just didn't look right. There is no substitute. This polish looks good on toes or fingers and is very sophisticated. When my sister first saw me wearing it, she screamed, "OMG, Katie, that is SOOO goth!" To lesser developed fashion minds, perhaps, but it looks fabulous with a suit.

The new "it" color this season is grey. This is called Opulent Cloud by Sally Hansen HD. It is has very subtle flecks of gold in it, so it looks good with all skin colors. This is the color I have been looking all over for, I even wrote the Sally Hansen people a harassing email. To no avail. When it comes out, please notice it on my nails and say something nice.

Here is another pretty purple that looks nothing like LPAD but is sophisticated none-the-less. Orly Close Your Eyes is something my sister could handle. I personally think of it as more of a pedicure color and that's what I have on my toesies right now. BTW, did you know that McSexy has a bit of a foot-fetish thing going on? The first thing he notices about a girl is her shoes, and he said he probably never would have dated me if I had had nasty looking feet. Some guys go for the boobelies, some for the bums - not my husband, he goes for toes. Is that weird? He'll probably end up in orthopedics or podiatry.

This is the best fall color of all time (besides LPAD, which is the very best color ever of all time). The picture doesn't do Orly Shimmering Mauve justice. It is a brownish, orange-ish color flecked with gold. It totally reminds me of Fall term at Oregon State, with all the gorgeous leaves on the trees lining the Quad. It is like someone scooped up all those leaves, crunched them up, squeezed out the color, and made this polish. Beautiful dark color for nails and fingers. I will be wearing this to the ELC's pumpkin patch field trip.

Hope these polishes get you as excited for fall as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin