Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Goodbye day, I hope to never see you again.

Today has been a wretched day. It started off well. I had training all day at my school - the first training being on how to meet the needs of children with autism, which was very applicable in that I will have a child with autism (two actually) in my class this year. We also had a creative movement training, which was a good workout for the body and the brain. My co-teacher and I did some awesome planning and took a trip to JoAnn's fabrics to gather classroom decorations (OMG - did I mention that I LOVE sparkly, shiny, luscious fabric?). I found out some weird, disconcerting news about work, but I also found out that my hours were going to be waaay better than I thought, so I was also happy about that. In general, a good Tuesday. The day was supposed to get better, as Jason and I are semi-remodeling our master bath and I was excited to do some painting.

Then, I check Facebook. A friend of my parents and I had gotten into it over the video I posted on MY page (the really gross one). She freaked out because she thought her business associates were going to see the video and be offended, even though this obviously was not the case, because her friends cannot see anything on my profile as it is set to private. However, she did comment on my video, which did link the video to her page. To make a very long story short, we got into it. I basically told her that SORRY, I can post what I want, when I want, and she didn't have to watch OR comment on the video. She somehow got the idiotic idea in her head that the guy in the video had some sort of blood born disease and was moaning about how it was inappropriate to post a video of someone with a blood born disease. WHAT? You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. It was a zit. At the WORST, a boil. My brother-in-law had the same thing, and pretty sure he ain't dead from no blood born disease. WTH? She went on and on about how employers could see my fb page, which they can't, because I blocked it from google and they have to be approved to see my account, blah blah blah. She basically went on and on rambling nonsense. End of story: I unfriended her. I don't want no crazies perusing my precious page. By the way: this is the same woman that got wasted at my wedding, and she is OFFENDED by a zit video that she never had to view in the FIRST PLACE? Please. I hate dumb people.

So TODAY the drama continued. I don't really want to discuss what happened on this blog, but it had to do with the aforementioned incident and my feelings were extremely hurt. So the day went downhill. I painted the bathroom, trying not to cry the entire freaking time, but fell onto the sharp metal part of the shower, got nagged at by Jason for missing spots, and clogged the bathtub trying to clean the brushes.

In addition, I am pretty sure I am ovulating, but the ovulation strips say NOTHING so I am very confused.



Whatever. Tomorrow will be a better day.

P.S. Sorry for the rant. I had to write it somewhere before I explode. Also, sorry for the abbreviated cuss words. The situation warrants every single one of them.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Katie, how frustrating. I just hope that woman doesn't know about your blog. :) I, too, think I "should" be ovulating around this time, but haven't noticed anything. I tried the OPK one month, and it drove me crazy. I felt that I was starting to "obsess" about them, so I had to get rid of them (read my "WTF" blog from...July?). Hang in there, get a work-out, and spend some time with God. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that woman needs to get a life. You have every right to post whatever you want :)

    Good luck with your new adventure in teaching! You'll be awesome!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin