We think we have our vacation settled. We were thinking of going on a trip in December, but the prices are WAAY higher during Christmas Break than during the summer. Though I don't have a teaching job to worry about, Jason still needs to stick by a school schedule for his pre-reqs and who knows, maybe I will have a job. So we are thinking that we will travel early August sometime, and we have picked The Royal Playa Del Carmen in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It is an all-inclusive, which Jason loves, and cheaper than flying somewhere like Fiji, which was our first choice but too expensive with airfare. You can check out the reviews for the resort at Trip Advisor. It should be phenomenal if we can get the right price.
I am starting to realize that Jason and I have different vacation styles. Jason likes to have everything paid for and luxury (like at an all-inclusive) where I am a more open to smaller boutique hotels where you can pay less money but it is a bit more effort to get yourself fed and maybe hit-and-miss restaurant wise. I found this incredible hotel in Santorini that is relatively cheap and GORGEOUS but I am not sure if he would ever want to go there because it isn't all-inclusive. He just likes relaxing and does not have energy when it comes to tropical weather. He likes to marinate and bake. Plus, I think he feels that if he spends all this money on a vacation, it better be luxury lodging, food, all-you-can drink, etc. I definitely wouldn't call myself adventurous but I do like to sightsee a bit and love the heat, so that is how we are different. With Trip Advisor, I feel like I can get a realistic review of smaller, hole-in-the-wall hotels, and someday would like to experience one of them.
Now I have to go. Jason is cleaning the garage and is threatening to throw away my St. Francis statue/mini bird bath. I must go save it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



My sister and her husband chose that resort for their honeymoon. You will love it and definitely won't be disappointed!!!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures they brought back were amazing!
Thanks, Coach! That is all the confirmation I needed! It is amazing!
ReplyDelete