Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baby Name of the Day

Elizabeth. We would call her Ella or Betsy. Not sure which or just keep going by Elizabeth. It is a family name and my sister's middle name and traditional. The only problem is that I had this girl I knew in elementary and middle school who was really odd named Elizabeth.. But I had two good friends in high school named Lizzie and Betsy, so we have good and bad associations with it. What do you think?

P.S. We can have a black President, but not a gay American Idol. We have come so far, but still have alot of work to do. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin