Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Potato and Leek Tart


Soooo, I was a vegetarian when Jason and I got together, and remained so for about two years. Then, I developed an allergy to dairy, so I no longer could get enough protein without eating meat. I tried, but obviously my body could not handle the vegan thing, so reluctantly I started eating meat again. Eventually I got used to it and it didn't bother me. Recently, with trying to get pregnant and the fact that my body is now dealing with dairy fairly well, I have been slowly getting back into vegetarianism. Jason, too, by default. Just say that I am thankful everyday for a husband who eats pretty much what is put in front of him without complaining. I want to raise our baby vegetarian so I am trying to make it apart of our lifestyle now. And please don't give me B.S. about not giving the kid a choice whether or not to eat meat because I wasn't given the choice when I was younger, either, or I would have chosen to never have animal flesh touch my lips. If the munchkin wants to eat meat later, then fine, but I am starting him or her off vegetarian. Amen.

Anyway, I made this really great potato leek feta tart (vegatarian) the other night. I had extra filling and an extra crust, so today I repurposed the filling into a quiche. Yummy. Here is the link to the original recipe. My friend Amy over at Cleveland Duo made it as well and we agreed: cut the leeks in half and add more potato. She also suggested adding some garlic to the mix, and I think that would be fabulous as well! Let me know if you try it!

1 comment:

  1. my mom nannies for a family of vegetarians (3 kids) and she took them to McDonalds to play and let them have chicken nuggets not thinking... :) She felt pretty bad but they are really healthy kids...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin