Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm getting very sleepy...

Since having my period last week, I have been more fatigued than I have been probably ever in my life, besides the two or three times I had the flu. I could literally sleep all day, every day, and as I only work part time over the summer, I have been able to take it easy and rest up on the days I am not with the kids. Jason wants me to just sleep it off and not do anything, but I have errands I need to run, teacher organizing I need to do, cleaning, cooking, working out etc. Oh the working out. Not working out is killing me, but I am literally up for a few hours and feel the need to go back to sleep again. So I wake up, eat, take care of the dogs, shower, and then I feel like I need to rest again. Not exactly a schedule conducive to vigorous exercise. Hopefully the fatigue is just a result of the period-from-hell and I am not actually pregnant... If I am still tired Monday or Tuesday I'll take another pregnancy test and/or call my doctor. My girlfriend Amy's husband CJ announced at dinner last night, "My mom had her period for three months when I was inside her." Funny way of putting it, but his point was that I could still be having my period and be pregnant. I know this, but hoping it is not so, because that would just be cruel God, just cruel.

After we get pregnant and have a baby, I don't think I will go back on regular birth control. The side effects of weaning off of it have been horrendous and I was basically incapacitated most of last week. Birth control really lessons the symptoms of nasty periods, but I somehow think that a medicine that causes such a violent reaction when you stop taking it probably isn't that good for you. Jason seems to agree with me after this last week!

Anyway, exciting news is that Jason just bought me a new T.V. The television we have is probably 8 or 9 years old, and is so small that you can hardly see it from the couch across the room. We have been wanting to get a flat screen for a while, as it would be more entertaining and work better with our family room layout (wall mounted about the fireplace), but I hate getting rid of things, especially electronics, when they work perfectly well. I am not the sort of person who believes in upgrading just to get the newest or best gadget. Hence the reason our computer is bulky and ancient (but still trucking away) and our toaster was from a garage sale. Why buy new electronics or furniture that waste money and resources all the while dumping your perfectly good stuff in the landfills to pollute? Not for me. Finally, though, I conceded, as our poor little tele now has vertical strips of darker and lighter colors running through the image. I wanted to do craigslist, but that creeps my husband out, so off to Best Buy he went. Can't wait to see what he got me (especially since it will have to last us probably 15 years!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin