Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I had the kids late tonight, so after Bella's gymnastics, we decided to meet Jason for dinner at Red Robin. Red Robin is obviously the restaurant to be, because they give you balloons when you leave, and have the best macaroni and cheese. Anyway, I was driving there, minding my own business, when I hear a little voice in the back seat,

Nolan: When I am big, I am going to get hair on my privates.
Katie (almost driving off the road): Oh, interesting. How did you find that out?
Nolan: Daddy has hair on his privates.
Katie: Oh, great.
Nolan: I am already big.
Katie: Hmm... really?
Nolan: Yes, when I was going pee standing up I saw one hair on my penis.

OMG. I almost died. Out of the mouths of babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin