So, Jason and I are officially trying for a baby. We started trying earlier in the month, and thanks to good ol' Catholic education, I knew when I was ovulating so we were really hopeful. I didn't drink alcohol or caffeine this whole month (even in Mexico) and really have been watching my fish intake. This was sad because I really wanted to drink and eat fish during our all-inclusive vacation, but obviously I couldn't risk it if I was pregnant. Well, on Monday I started my period. Majorly. I haven't had a period this bad since before I started birth control before the wedding. I stayed in bed all Sunday, had to get it together to work Monday, and stayed in bed all yesterday as well. I would try to get up to be productive as I had a huge laundry list of things to do, but would be up for a bit and just have to lie back down because of the cramps and exhaustion. Yikes.
Anyway, we are going to try an ovulation kit this time around, so hopefully September will be our month! Keep y'all updated. Even though I am pretty sure no one reads this :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I read this! And when I found out I was pregnant - both times, I discovered that until about 8 weeks the baby lives off of a yolk sack. Drink, eat and be merry! Nine months is way long enough to go without.
ReplyDeletewhat?! I read this, lady! :) And wouldn't you know it seems whenever one is "trying" it seems much harder than if you aren't? We've been trying for over six months...Cameron came along without even thinking twice about things. Funny how that works! All in God's timing, just remember that - it's kept a lot of my frustration at bay. I hope next month is your month!
ReplyDeletePS - I wanted to recommend "Taking Charge of your Fertility" it's amazing the information in there. Sounds like you've already learned a thing or two in that department, but it's a great resource!
I read it too, and I totally understand your frustration. But Melissa is totally right--it's all in God's timing. Remember--it's supposed to be "fun". Don't stress yourself out too much. Let me know if you ever want to chat--we've been through it all. Take care!
ReplyDeleteI read it too! (but mostly I just stalk it) I believe in the Lord's timing and that it should be fun not a chore - but one thing I have learned is that sex every other day helps the sperm build back up and be more plentiful and helps with more successful conception - just a thought. Sex everyday doesn't allow the necessary time he needs...love you!
ReplyDeleteHeidi, how do I read your blog? I would like to follow it :) Thanks for following me. Are you guys trying to?
ReplyDelete