"yay! 126 bpm heartbeat! lots of growth, fetal pole!... VERY GOOD NEWS!"
So we received our answer. Nugget is growing (must have been all those extra tacos I've been stuffing myself with) and has a strong heartbeat. I gasped when the ultrasound tech immediately flipped the screen around and pointed to a small flicker on the monitor. IS THAT MY BABY? I was not expecting anything at all, but I am so thankful for seeing growth and a tiny heartbeat.
I am also thankful that my St. V ultrasound was a much better experience than in the past and not just because the results were positive. In the waiting room, I was starting to have a little panic attack, immediately around the corner came the sweetest therapy dog (Gladys) that I have ever seen (besides Woodykins of course). Her owner brought her over to me, and as I began to pet her, I IMMEDIATELY felt calm. Gladys seemed to intuitively know my turmoil and she literally put her paw on my shoulder and nuzzled into me neck. I was covered with a wave of PEACE and knew I could make it through. In addition, the ultrasound tech was a guy and he was 5 million trillion times better than any u/s tech this far (remember PHILLIPA? rrrrrr). He talked us through everything, said how good it looked and how excited he was for us! I loved him and am thankful that God knew I could not handle another sullen, annoying woman.
I sincerely think that the progesterone saved baby Nugget. They are dating me at 6 weeks 4 days. So on or around March 21st, we are expecting little
Noah Jackson
or
(tentatively) Delilah (Lilah) Kate
Thanks be to GOD (and thank you all for your fervent prayers!). Today is a good day!
or
(tentatively) Delilah (Lilah) Kate
Thanks be to GOD (and thank you all for your fervent prayers!). Today is a good day!



Oh. The prayers are not going to stop! I'm glad this day was a joyful one.
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you! Keep those tacos coming!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Katie! We will continue praying for your health and the health of your baby through your pregnancy! -Tara
ReplyDeleteOh, and I totally had to google "fetal pole". Because I paid that much attention early on in pregnancy...
ReplyDeleteAgain, we're overjoyed today had happy news - and will continue praying for you and the health of this baby.
Ooh, I feel so special -- thanks for telling the world I am clearly not ready to be a parent yet ... CONGRATS btw ... and I LOVE your name choices. Keep up the good work mama, Hugs B
ReplyDeleteCan I even say how freaking excited I am for you? Keep stuffing your face, girl!
ReplyDeleteI guess my comment from yesterday didn't post (I was trying to do it from my phone). Yay!!! Katie! I'm so excited for you! Praise God! Like you said yesterday (well, two days ago now), our God is indeed an awesome God! I continue to pray for you!
ReplyDeleteWords can't express how excited, thrilled, and bursting with happiness I am for you guys. You are going to make the best parents EVER and we can't wait to meet your little nugget!!!!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete