Since I am experiencing a healthy dose of morning sickness (or should I say evening sickness?), I thought this would be a good time to catch up on some belated blog postings.
I'll start with the monstrosity of a baby shower. This shower was for my dear friend Aja (mom of Bentley) and baby Bella. The colors were pink, white and brown with a Sister Bear theme (the Berenstain Bears were Aja's (and my!) favorite childhood books. It was huge shower (around 40 people) and we went ALL out! I was lucky enough to have Aja's friend Mandi (who just happens to be a wedding planner) as a co-host and we are both about equally anally retentive, so I am very happy with how it all turned out. Enjoy the pics!
The entry featuring a cocktail table, the candy table and the guest book. There were more cocktail tables outside.
The guest book table.
The candy table had a banner that featured "Too Much Junk Food" which is the title of a Berenstain Bear book. We had cupcakes, rice crispy treats, strawberry jello squares and all sorts of pink, white and brown candy. We also provided clear favor bags for guests to take treats home.
The chocolate fountain. Guest could dip marshmallows, oreos, pretzels and fruit into the chocolate. The kids were obsessed with this!
The snack table. Thank you, Costco, for having the best party food ever!
The drink table. We had raspberry lemonade (spiked with champagne for the non-preggies) and water. I took the labels off of all the water bottles and McSexy and I made new labels out of beautiful pink papers. I am so glad I have a man-slave.
My favorite decor piece (besides the candy table) was the custom straws. I printed little labels to go on each straw and they were so cute! We served the drinks in canning jars which were cheap, reusable and a little bit rustic. Please don't even ask about the last minute fiasco involving NO ONE selling pink straws (I heart you, Walgreens!)
The food table, chocolate fountain and drinks. Mandi's dad made a gorgeous backdrop for the drink table involving hanging canning jars filled with flowers and candles. It was beautiful!
The gifts! We secretly collected baby pictures of Aja and her hubby Eric and framed them above the fireplace. MY IDEA was to take their baby pictures, use that website that lets you find out what your progeny will look like, morph Aja and Eric's pictures and BLOW IT UP over the fireplace as the centerpiece to the whole shower. That was nixed by Mandi but I swear, it would have made the whole shower. At least for me.
Faithful secretary Becky recording the gifts. We had each guest bring a treasured children's book (in place of a card) to build baby Bella's collection.
Super fun game where you chug liquid through a baby bottle. May the best girl (Laurel!) win! (Might I also point out that all the participants were teachers! Teachers will do anything for fun!)
Pacific University ladies. Some are my grad school girlies, most are my ELC co-workers including THE-BEST-BOSS-IN-THE-WHOLE-WORLD Shelley. We put an insert in the invites asking everyone to wear pink and white so everyone would coordinate with the decor (did I mention anally retentive?) which looked BEAUTIFUL!
Mommy Aja and myself. Thank you, Aja, for being such a caring and devoted friend. You are going to make the best mother EVA and I love you so much!The shower was a blast to put on (you can see all the pictures here)! I have done showers in the past, but they have been pretty basic, so on this one I wanted to go all out with detail and impact! I think we succeeded! Now that I have done one monstrosity, I think that the next ones will be easier to do as I know exactly which details make the party and which ones to leave out. Though McSexy has made me promise to not commit to hosting any showers for quite a while because I think it almost put him in the grave!
Next post, I'll talk about some of my mini-vacations this summer!
Next post, I'll talk about some of my mini-vacations this summer!



Most amazing shower ever!!!! I don't know what I'd do without you!! Love ya!
ReplyDelete