Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Sunday, June 20, 2010

In the meantime...

Sorry for the absent Katie lately :) Here's what I have been up to:

1. Lesson planning and prepping for the summer program at my school. We have a new theme each week (as opposed to every month or whatever during the year), so it that means more materials (word walls, felt boards, etc.) to make. Ahhhh!

2. Planning and prepping my friend Aja's baby shower. This is turning into a monstrosity and I am happy about it :) I hope that the finished product reflects how much I love Aja and how happy I am waiting for Baby Girl Appel! Can't wait to post pictures after July 10th! In the meantime, here is an unrelated picture of this AWESOME slumber party table setup that I found while searching for decor for the shower. How cute is this?! File away, file away for my future eight year old!

(from RealSimple)

3. Re-learning how to FLY with FlyLady. Love me some routines and missions! I keep up with her on Facebook, which has helped me stay more motivated than I was just receiving the regular emails I used to get! Check her out.

4. Going on mini-vacays with my little family and our friends! Went camping with my friend Amy and her hubby, and to the beach with Aja, her hubby and puffy baby Bentley. Again, pictures to come (if my slacker friend Eric Appel would finish editing and posting the beach pictures!)

5. Meal planning! Going back to work after my hiatus has required me to get my meal planning back in order. I have my Summer 2010 two week rotation all planned and ready, so if you would like a peek, say so in the comments and I'll do a post on it. Lots of yummy fish recipes in there!

6. I've found myself a new church! Hopefully it is my forever church! It is an inclusive community of Catholics and Lutherans - they hit service and social justice hard and everyone is so kind and welcoming. I felt at home right away and look forward to continuing to become more familiar with the members and community. Not having a home church has bothered me for a long time, as both Jason and I want to feel established in a church community (that reflects our theology and values) before having a baby.

Anyway, I do have another Miscarriage Monday post in the works, but I am taking a break for awhile until I feel in the mood/have more time. Maybe tomorrow after work if I am not too exhausted? Hope all is well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin