Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Friday, March 26, 2010

Update

Just wanted to give a quick update for those of you that are worrying.

First of all, thank you so much for your prayers and support. This has been the toughest thing we have ever been through, but we are reminded through our suffering of God's grace and the peace that only He can give. He has sustained us and helped Jason and I find strength to keep moving through the pain.

We have basically been holed up in our house. Talking to anyone or going anywhere is not something I can do right now, so I apologize if messages or texts haven't been returned. We are just trying to distract ourselves, feel the grief when we need to, and find a way to redefine our future. Today I was able to take the dogs for a walk, and the sunshine and fresh air was healing. I have a massage tonight, and I am going to try to get to the gym early to try to run it all away...

I have been having a lot of trouble breathing. When I am distracted by books or movies, I seem to do okay, but when I think about the baby, breathing becomes difficult. I thought I was just trying to calm myself down but my friend Amy suggested that it sounded like panic/anxiety attacks and the doctor agreed, so he is starting me on anxiety medicine that I pray will help me calm down and breathe better.

It is true that is only through suffering that we can experience real compassion. I am thankful for the texts and calls from my friends and family. I am thankful for my friend Amy, who made us her famous spaghetti (it was seriously the only good/real food I had eaten in two days), and gave us one less thing to worry about. I am thankful for walks with my friend Aja and her little puffy puppy Bentley, and thankful for my parents who sprang into action getting me massages and calling people for us. I am so thankful for my doggies - Duke immediately knew something was wrong and has not left my side for one minute. They are my first babies, and now my only babies, and I am glad that I have something to focus my energy on. Most of all, I am thankful for my husband, without whom I would have been crushed under the guilt and the loss.

We are not sure how to move forward from all this. Talking about the future or trying again is not just painful - it is something I cannot emotionally or physically do. Here comes the anxiety attack again. Breathe. We are waiting for my body to actually miscarry the baby and that is debilitating all in itself. Sorry for the randomness of this post but I am just trying to process at this point and let people know that we haven't dropped off the face of the earth.

Next post will be entitled: "Please Don't Say The Following Idiotic Things to Someone Whose Baby Has Just Died."

5 comments:

  1. Katie, you are so loved. You and Jason are in my constant prayers. I'm going to send you a longer message in facebook...but read it when you're ready. There's no rush. I'm here for you, and I respect your need to heal. Just know that you're loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad the spaghetti helped, but please know I am happy to do or make you anything! I love you both very much. If Duke and Maddie want a play date with our dogs in the field, just let me know. Thinking of you~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that there isn't more I can do for you. We will, of course, continue praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are still in my prayers. I am so sorry, and I wish I could say something more because "I am so sorry" doesn't seem to cut it, but there are no other words. I will keep y'all in my prayers. xoxo, KA

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin