Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dear Wild Thing,

Mommy misses you every moment of every day. So does Daddy and your puppies. Mommy will never stop praying for you, crying for you, or wishing that our time together had been longer. Well, maybe Mommy will have to stop crying soon because Daddy thinks she is dysfunctional and needs a grief counselor.

I love you,
Momma

1 comment:

  1. Katie, you are going through a tremendous loss, and it is only normal to be sad and grieve. I remember Doug telling me "this can't be the only thing we ever talk about anymore" after our first loss; and at that time, I was so appalled that he would say such a thing. But I started to realize that he was right. I pray that God find ways to fill your life with little bits of joy while you continue to mourn the loss of Wild Thing. And remember that there is no shame in seeing a grief counselor--I think of them as "professional listeners" (this coming from the daughter of a pastor and a marriage and family therapist). Know that I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin