Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Much is happening.

So, I was going to wait to post this news until a month or so from now, but current events made me realize that I need to process what is happening and I need support from my friends that read this blog.

We are pregnant. We found out two weeks ago and are so happy and thrilled. We have only told our immediate families and a few of my girlfriends who would notice my weird symptoms. Yesterday I told my work because I was almost throwing up in my classroom and had to go home.

My last period was January 23rd, so we thought I was about 7 1/2 weeks along. My only symptoms have been huge and sore boobs, and this pulling in my abdomen (feels like cramps). I have had a bit of nausea but I have been able to combat it.

This morning, I woke up with spotting. There was a bit of bright red blood and some darker blood. I immediately woke up Jason FREAKING OUT.

I called my doctor and his nurse called me back. My doctor is very aggressive in dealing with issues and super duper cautious. He set up an ultrasound for me at St. Vincents because they were concerned about the baby. The hope was that we would see him (Noah Jackson - I am pretty sure he is a boy!) in the uterus and also see a heartbeat to make sure he was okay.

St. Vincent's was wonderful. They got me in right away (my mom and Jason were there with me). My ultrasound technician (Erica) was so kind and thorough. I had a regular ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound. The baby (Wild Thing 'til we know the sex for sure) is in the uterus (yea!). The interesting thing is - he is about 5 1/2 weeks instead of the 7 1/2 weeks we thought. At that itty-bitty they may or may not see the heart on a typically developing fetus. But the ultrasound tech, the hospital doctor and my doctor (and me and my mom!) all thought we saw the heartbeat (a little whitish/grayish dot) beating along. Jason (as always) was a little bit more reserved and said he wasn't sure.

So my doctor says he thinks we are okay for now. I am on pelvic rest, which means no heavy lifting, ab work or sex (no desire for that anyway). Hopefully the spotting does not increase. If nothing gets worse (cramping, spotting) then I will get another ultrasound next Wednesday and then have a doctors appointment Thursday. Hopefully next week we will see and hear the heart for sure and my worry will be alleviated.

The blessing out of all this mess (besides being temporarily okay) was seeing my husband's face when he held the ultrasound picture. His eyes lit up and softened and he kissed the picture. He kept it with him to take it to his o-chem test. In his words, it was "awesome!"

I pray that this awesomeness continues and that Wild Thing stays safe and happy right where he is.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats! I totally understand how scary the spotting can be. I'm glad that your doctor got you in right away. I've had plenty of friends who have measured two weeks less than what they expected. Conception is a miracle--it's not a perfect science. Ovulation could have been late, implantation could have been late; it could have been a number of things. But I'm so happy for you, and will continue to pray for you and Jason and "Wild Thing".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be in our prayers. Good luck, and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You and your whole sweet family are in my prayers :) xo, KA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, I can't even express how happy for you! I got a flip-flop of excitement of my stomach when I read the news. I totally knew it would happen for you and am going to pray for you guys!!! GOOOO wild thing...grow, grow, grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any updates? Continuing to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As if the prayers aren't already in your behalf...we'll keep 'em coming your way!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin