One reason (of many) is to give Jason the best gift a man can ever receive - a child. I had the best dad in the world, and I secretly (shh, don't tell) hope that we have a little girl so that Jason can have the kind of relationship my dad and I have.
He doesn't want a girl because he says he can barely handle one.
(Me crying because my sister accidentally shaved Jason's head BALD one Christmas. I was obviously NOT a happy camper. Now why wouldn't Jason want more of MEEEEE?)This song by Steven Curtis Chapman just makes me want a little girl even more, though of course, I really just care that he/she is healthy. BUT, if I had a choice, which I don't, I would have a girl.
And this is what our kids will look like, btw (courtesy of makemebabies.com)
Hideous.








Hey girl! I'm sorry but that picture of you shaving Jason's head is simply HILARIOUS.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the baby making. You are in my prayers - I know you 2 are going to be simply amazing parents whenever that day comes. Just keep practicing :)
I am praying that you will be blessed with a bambino very soon :) However, I really hope they are cuter than your "sample baby" photos!!! Hahaha~ Love you!
ReplyDeleteWow that internet baby is seriously ugly - good thing you can't screw it up and God will make it come out beautifully! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh... I am dying over here!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for a little munchkin for you and your hubby :)
How funny - I was reading your blog at the same moment you were commenting on mine! To encourage you, I have a lot of teacher friends who are moms. Some job-share, some teach at preschools until their kids are in school, some work full time. You'll know when you need to know exactly what is right for you. You're right, though - no one will love your kids like you will.
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question, 4th grade teacher taught 5th grade curriculum, respected the kids, challenged the kids to think for themselves and figure out the answers. For a kid with a 150 IQ, it was perfect. 4th grade was also a high-achieving class, so all the kids were able to learn at a higher level. In 5th grade, for some {awful} reason, they grouped the GT kids in the same class with the struggling kids, so the teachers are understandably stretched. We had a good conference, though - they are very open to letting her do independent projects, etc., which in the past has made all the difference in the world. I'm hopeful.
Thanks for commenting! (sorry this was so long!)