Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Keeping Yourself Busy

We are in the middle of delightful 0-chem. More like McSexy is in the middle of o-chem, I am in the middle of being left alone several nights a week and at least one day out of the weekend.

Even though I am gregarious and love to be around my family and friends, most would be surprised to know that I am pretty introverted. I do not get my energy from people and have really no problem being alone for long periods of time - I almost always find things to do.

I know that as McSexy speeds towards medical school, I will find myself alone more and more often. Here is some things I do to keep myself busy (you can do them, too, if your husband is busy or in medical school!) I also did these when Jason was in Shanghai for work for two months:

1. Read. Check out books from the library and read, read, read. Parenting books, teaching books, and books for fun. I am also part of a teaching book club.

2. Working out. Working out will make you a sexy little thing for your husband, give you more energy, help you sleep better and make you happier (boosts endorphins, you know!)

3. Walk the dogs! Bonding with your fur babies, and exercise and fresh air to boot.

4. Cook and bake. Meal planning is a girl's best friend. As is baking. I bake and eat a few and then bring the rest to work so I don't become fatty McFatterson.

5. Blog. It is like an online journal of your life. I also like to peruse other people's blogs and get housekeeping, recipe, and frugal living ideas. It also is nice to keep up on my friends' lives through their blogging.

6. Volunteer. This is the MOST important one! Volunteer for kids, animals, the elderly. Find your passion and change your little part of the world.

7. Watch t.v. I know this sounds boring and lazy, but I am enjoying watching Heroes. We rent it from Blockbuster and have really gotten into it. I have a few shows that I like watching, and that helps pass the time.

8. Craft. Be crafty. Decorate your home, make some pillows, placemats, jams. Repaint some furniture. There are lots of fun, cheap home decorating ideas to keep you busy!

Ok. That is my two-cents. What do you do to keep yourself busy when your husband is away?

3 comments:

  1. Katie--that's so funny that you just posted this...because I was just posting something similar, as Doug is in Africa for over a month. I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really good ideas - mine are an overlap of a lot of those. Plus we are long distance.... so even then I find even MORE time to fill! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, to answer your BBT question, you got it correct. After you ovulate, your temperature will rise (progesterone raises your body temperature). It will stay high as long as you have progesterone in your system (either two weeks until your period starts, at which point it will drop; or it will stay high, meaning that you are pregnant). I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin