Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Most People do Meal Plan Mondays...

BUT....

I am not most people.

And since I currently work Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays, it makes more sense for me to do meal plan Thursdays because I usually grocery shop on Thursdays during the day.

I have been doing a half-hearted job of meal planning because of McSexy's P90x routine (which by the way is FABULOUS! He looks RIPPED! Pictures to come!). He eats very simple, pretty clean meals, which is great for losing weight, but not that fun to plan. Now that he can eat more varied, I am attempting to come up with dinners that are still relatively healthy, but also easy and soothing for my cold weather-depressed self.

Here is our menu for the next two weeks. I plan to keep this menu through at least Christmas, probably January, with some tweaks if one of the Mc's (hubby or I) start to gain weight or I get pregnant. For us, eating the same meal twice, three, or even four times a month is more than okay. We also like to eatout (or order veggie pizza) at least one or two nights a week on a date or with friends, so that helps keep things varied :)

Notes: We are an almost completely vegetarian family, but we still have frozen chicken left to consume. When a recipe mentions chicken, it will either be the real thing, or Morningstar Chik'n strips. We also use the Quorn brand alot (my ABSOLUTE favorite!), but it is harder to find than Morningstar.

By the end of the week, we always have plenty of leftovers. If we don't, I supplement with my FAVORITE (but not great for you!) - Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, or we have soup again!

I also sometimes mix up a fruit salad in plain yogurt to go along with dinners. Also is good for breakfasts!

WEEK 1

Monday (Soup night): Soup (Red Pepper or Butternut Squash) and salad or sandwich (BLT with fake bacon).

Tuesday (Asian night): Shrimp stir-fry with rice or quinoa (recipe calls for chicken, but I do frozen shrimp).

Wednesday (American night): Chick’n (or other garden burger) patties with salad or cut veggies (usually pepper strips and baby tomatoes). Sometimes I do sweet potato fries if I swing by Trader Joe's!

Thursday (Italian night): Southwest Lasagna with steamed veggies. I am making this not in roll form, and probably adding some frozen red peppers or corn to the mix. McSexy hates when I try to sneak in veggies, but most of the time he doesn't notice!

Friday (Mexican night): Chik’n (or Chicken) Fajitas. Frozen peppers sauteed with chicken, thrown in a tortilla with black beans and cheese.

Saturday: Out to eat/pizza or leftovers.

Sunday: Out to eat/pizza or leftovers.



WEEK 2

Monday (Soup night): Soup and salad or sandwich (grilled cheese or creamed tuna).

Tuesday (Asian night): Honey glazed chicken stir-fry with rice or quinoa.

Wednesday (American night): Chick’n nuggets with soup (again, red pepper or butternut squash).

Thursday (Italian night): Calzones with steamed Italian veggies.

Friday (Mexican night): Black bean and cheese quesadillas.

Saturday: Out to eat/pizza or leftovers (or protein shake).

Saturday: Out to eat/pizza or leftovers (or protein shake).

For breakfasts McSexy has a protein shake with berries, an egg sandwich (on whole wheat english muffin), or makes a veggie omelet for both of us. I usually have Fiber One cereal with berries, almond butter and banana english muffin sandwich, egg sandwich or oatmeal with protein powder and berries.

For lunches we eat leftovers, cheese or almond butter sandwiches, or cheese and crackers. Sometimes I pack soup, too. I usually pack fishies (major comfort food for me), a hard boiled egg, an apple/grapes, yogurt/cottage cheese, and cut up veggies (peppers, baby tomatoes and carrots). McSexy packs an extra protein bar for his snack.
We also bring nuts (almonds mostly) and dried fruit to work early in the week in case we (or in my case McFatty and McBossy at school!) get hungry. I rarely eat it all, but I like having lots of food in case I get hungry!

I am constantly thinking about how many fruits and vegetables we are consuming each day and each week. McSexy doesn't monitor his veggie intake (one reason he would die without me, but that's another post), so I do and will adjust meals if he or I haven't had enough in the day or past couple days.

Hope this gives you some ideas! I'll let you know of any changes or substitutions or when we change it completely in the next few months!


4 comments:

  1. P.S. I have no idea why the font changes halfway through this post. Irritating. Hope you don't hate me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading that $1000/month blog you linked to and have been wondering about that calzone recipe. Looks yummy AND cheap - best of both worlds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll let you know how it goes. Instead of ground beef, though, I'll be using some form of ground beef substitute. I made the Lasagna Rolls tonight (I ended up actually doing the rolls and not actual lasagna) and Jason LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for the advice. We're sort of going with that. Finding someone to stay with the boys is tough. So they lost their pumpkin patch trip. Saturday morning I have re-training and will come home with pumpkins. Oh, and I totally do all my meal planning on Thursdays as well! We get CSA shipments on Thursdays - so I plan my meals once I know what vegetables we're getting that week.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin