Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Monday, February 7, 2011

Yeah, this isn't going to work

McSexy thought he had come up with a good plan. Yesterday wasn't a good day pain-wise, so I just went along with it apathetically. "Okay, dear..."

So he stayed at the hospital with me until 6 last night. He went home, walked and played with the recently dropped-off puppies and then got a huge coffee from Starbucks.

Then he stayed up all night long coding and doing work. He showered, walked the dogs again, and was back here by 8:00. Then promptly fell asleep.

So I am sitting here in the dark - can't talk on the phone, can't watch television and am trying to be quiet for him. And have no one to talk to because he is sleeping.

This is not going to work. I can't sit in the dark all day and all night and lose half of the distractions that make me sane.

So tonight he'll sleep like a normal person and go back to our original plan, which was to spend the morning at home working and being with the dogs, the afternoon here, and then go back in the evening again.

I think he is just paranoid if something happens and they have to deliver Noah while he is not here so he is trying to spend as many hours in the hospital as possible without having to be here during the night (because of the the puppies). Understandable. But the nurses have his cell and I am sure he could get here right AFTER Noah is born if not before or simultaneously. "After" does not make him happy, but what are you going to do? This is not an ideal situation for anyone...

The highlight of my day (probably my week!) so far was that one of my doctors said she is going to write an order for Duke and Maddie to come visit me! I am so, so happy. Maybe they can come tomorrow! They probably think I died, so I know they will be excited to see me. And Duke loves to tour buildings (besides doggie daycares) like Home Depot, the vet office, etc. so he will be very curious and excited! I'll try to take pictures!

So all I'll be missing is this little princess (unless they can write an order for a rat to come visit, or my parents can sneak her in, but I don't want to push my luck!)

Alice helping Daddy paint Noah's room a couple months ago. She was a big helper.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin