Because McDoubles are CRACK COCAINE. I can't help myself from moaning when I eat them. I snuck one into the movie theater and as my eyes rolled back in my head as I ate it, our friend Rey looked at McSexy like, "Holy shit." M.S. just shrugged, like, "What can you do?" Was I embarrassed? No, I was HAPPY. Then I pulled from my purse my smoothie and my fries, which also made me happy and McSexy MORTIFIED.
Besides my obsession with McDoubles, the last week has been super rough in terms of feeling like a truck hit me. I am not at all complaining, because morning/all day sickness reassures Nugget is growing and that I am still pregnant, but I am really starting to get down on my sick stomach. I don't have the extreme food aversions that I had with Wild Thing, but I cannot fathom eating vegetables. Luckily I can eat fruit (peach applesauce so good yum yum yum), but also depend on alot of plain carbs (toast, french fries, baguettes, tortillas, plain pasta, etc.).
I am trying all the regular remedies - eating crackers (especially in the middle of the night and when I wake up), REAL ginger ale, and even preggie pops, which actually helped alot and helped me make it through a wedding yesterday and actually enjoy myself.
Is there anything else to try? I have two weeks off before we go back to get ready for next year and I am hoping to feel good enough to really get my teaching things organized, complete my errands that I never seem to get to when the school year starts and hit the gym regularly. I would like to stomach some healthier food because I feel so guilty stuffing Nugget/McDouble with well, Nuggets and McDoubles.
Help me.



Hey! Some of my pregnant friends have said that those sea sickness wrist bands have helped them immensely. Apparently they put pressure on a certain pressure point in your wrist that alleviates that nauseous feeling. Might want to check them out...
ReplyDeletep.s. I can just imagine you pulling the smoothies and fries out of your purse in the theater. So funny! :)
Hahahaha! That's so funny.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that your pregnancy is progressing and making you sick.
At the same time - I feel for you. For me, I could smell just about anything a mile away. Any sort of vegetable was OFF LIMITS. Applesauce was about the only way to go.
One of the things I drank that helped just a tudge more than ginger ale, were Izze's. The tartness helps in the same way preggie pops do - and there's a serving of fruit in it!
Eventually I lost enough weight they always gave me an Rx of zofran or phenegren. So if it gets too bad - ask your doc about those.
Remember to drink plenty of water as well! Not a cure-all, but definitely helps. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! I went and got the Izze's today but haven't tried it yet! I like the fruit aspect and I am not naturally into ginger ale, so I hope they help. I also got the sea bands and so far so good. We'll see how waking up from my nap goes - that is always the worst for me. For lunch I snuck broccoli into my macaroni and cheese (along with an egg and nitrate-free hot dog) and I didn't even notice. That is going to be the way to go, I think - try to sneak the veggies into other things but only broccoli seems tolerable at this point!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am guzzling water! I just CANNOT seem to get enough. I am so thirsty all the time!
I'm curious as to what flavor(s) you chose?
ReplyDeletePeppermint tea helped me a lot, as well as Zofran (script). Hope the sickness passes soon!
ReplyDeletePapaya pills always helped me. And I slept kinda propped up to help with indigestion/nausea. So happy for you!
ReplyDelete