Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Friday, August 13, 2010

Just like daddy

We had our ultrasound. My friend Aja went with me since McSexy is gone. Nugget is ginormous! Here is his first photo:


He is measuring perfectly at 8 weeks 4 days so the due date is the same (March 21st). His heart rate was 174. He is facing down so that big blob you see at the bottom is his big round head! He looks JUST LIKE DADDY! hahahahaha. He has a big potbelly, was moving around (especially when we were talking about mashed potatoes), and moved his little nublet of a leg. He is a dancer, just like Daddy!

Very happy and my fears are abated :) And now I am feeling sick again. Which is very good. I think Nugget was just being a troublemaker and wanted some extra TLC and to show off how cute he is already. I gave him a firm lecture about never doing that again and then rewarded him for his growth by feeding him Burgerville.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts :)

4 comments:

  1. Good. For some reason Blogger didn't post all of my comment... weird.

    This is what I was originally going to say:

    "I would call. I am praying and will keep praying. Morning sickness is fickle - so you shouldn't worry too much unless there is something else going on. I "finished" up with morning sickness at about 16 weeks and here I am at 22? 23? going through another week of it. All I can keep down is tomato and cheese sandwiches. Pregnancy is weird..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy and relieved for you. Woot woot :) Lots of love! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad that all is well. Although...according to the old wives tales, you may need to start referring to Nugget as "she" not "he"...they say that a high heart rate correlates to a Girl (though studies haven't necessarily proved this). Either way, I do pray that you're able to truly enjoy this pregnancy with each day that passes. Even now at 33 weeks, I continue to have the occasional moments of panic (just the other day, when I felt decreased movement), but all we can do is remember that God's plan is perfect--whatever it may be. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin