Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

If you've never prayed for bodily secretions....

TODAY IS YOUR DAY!

Okay, so my acupuncturist encouraged me to read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I really love this book and it is one thing that has made me feel more in charge (or at least knowledgeable) of what is happening to my body as we try yet again to get preggers this cycle.

I've known about alot of this stuff since my days at St. Mary's Academy. We got the full meal deal on reproduction and how NOT to get pregnant being as we were an all girls school and the Catholic stance is no birth control. No abstinence-only education for us, thank heavens. And yes, we learned about cervical mucus and how it looks when we are fertile or about to ovulate.

But it has been 9 years since my SMA days, and I must admit that some of that information was getting a little hazy, though it has never completely left my mind.

Anyway, this book (which I HIGHLY recommend) refreshed all that, and I have been charting my basal body temp, recording my cervical fluid and cervical position with diligence.

Today was my first day of FERTILE QUALITY CERVICAL FLUID! Lots and lots and lots of it! Yipee! So we need lots of prayers that I will actually ovulate in the next few days and that we will get pregnant with another wild little punk, m-kay?

In fact, I would like you all to carry this chant in your head all day, every day for the next few days. If you don't, I will know, because I won't get pregnant and I'll blame each one of you and stop blogging and then you'll be left with NOTHING. I also would like you to do some visualization of my little eggy being impregnated and burrowing in my uterus as you chant.

Praying you'll come down and that you'll stick
Because Katie needs to get pregnant super duper quick.

Thanks, y'all.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you! (and sending you a Facebook message)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for super slick and sticky CM! :) I began reading TCOYF when I decided to go off the pill but still wanted to avoid conceiving. It's a crazy interesting book! Best of luck and I'm excited that you are feeling up to trying again.

    Lots of prayers your way, mmmkay?

    Also, I'd like to point out that I've recommended that book to you before. Pretty sure I'm all knowing and you should listen to me more often! ;) ahahhahahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers your way! So don't stop blogging mmmkay? XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. From someone who has tracked The Mucous - love this! Laughing (and praying) so hard. Go, egg, go!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin