Here are some updates!
1. We are finally booked for our Hawaii trip in July. This is my pushing present. Even though I never really pushed Noah out. So maybe it should be called my pregnancy present. Or pain present. Anyway, my last 10 months were so super hellish that my dear husband decided that a little reward was in order. It just so happened that my sister's BFF is getting married in Maui, so off we go with my family for a little vacation! My parents took me to Hawaii when I was five months old, so the tradition continues. It is a bit overwhelming trying to figure out how to travel best in a warm climate with a baby, but I am getting a lot of sage advice from seasoned mammas. I am expecting this in the mail soon (from oldnavy.com) along with this cute outfit from Gymboree!

2. I LOVE being at home. I am so blessed that I don't have to go back to work until next school year, so I have until mid-August to get used to parenting, establish routines, and just enjoy my baby. I definitely miss my kiddos, and can't wait to go back part-time next year, but for now I am enjoying long walks with the dogs, hanging out with friends, meal planning, and helping to take the load off of McSexy for awhile as he prepares for the MCAT and takes his final classes before applying to med school. I feel like 10 months of my life were lost (and definitely the final 9 weeks before Noah was born) and my energy to get out and do things is unparalleled right now!3. I am excited to start working out again. My six week appointment is tomorrow, and I hope to get the okay to start lifting and training again. Training for what, I am not entirely sure (besides Hawaii and my friend Megan's wedding!). I am trying to keep the expectations of myself moderate and kind, because as of July it will be a whole year since I have seriously hit the gym! I do want to work out as often as possible, because I know it will get tough again once I go back to work! But summer is coming, and that makes it so much easier to exercise. I am hoping to start using the Bob for actual running instead of just long walks, but I am scared of starting up because of my c-section scar.


4. I am LOVING cloth diapering. LOVING. We got started later than I wanted, because Noah didn't fit the Thirsties covers I had purchased for his newborn fitteds (should have gone with the extra small), but now that he is a big boy (waaaaa) he can fit into them. We are primarily using the fitteds Shanda gave me (see above - Noah in his OSU fitted!) and the Thirsties covers, which I love, but I also am using Flip covers (love them, too, they are a great one size cover and do actually fit little babies, unlike most one size diapers! They are so stretchy!). I am not sold on the Flip stay-dry inserts, though, as when I use the inserts (as opposed to homemade fitteds) he seems to get poo-poo on the covers every time. That does not happen with the disposable inserts for the Flips, so I am hoping as he grows that we can actually use the stay-dry inserts??? He is just now fitting his Bum Genius all-in-one diaper (sized, which they are getting rid of!), and I am loving it. We are moving towards all pockets or all-in-one diapers because McSexy does not like the two-step system of the fitteds and covers. So I have more Bum Genius coming (sized and one-size), some Fuzzi Bunz (both perfect fit and one-sized), a Thirsties pocket diaper (in Blackbird, eee gawd!) and a Bum-Ware all-in-one. I also have seven Kawaii pocket diapers on order. I want to order a Rumparooz but I went a little nutso this past week, and need to get control over myself. Cloth diapering is definitely an addiction!!!
5. I am still figuring out baby wearing. I carry him around the house when he is awake, whenever I go out shopping and when I am alone walking the pups. I have a Moby, which is okay, a Lovey Dud, which is better (stretchier!), and my Ergo, which I LOVE! I walk BOTH doggies and Noah using the Ergo and can go hours w/o even feeling his weight. It took awhile to get fast with the infant insert, but now I love it (and he is already starting to move out of the infant insert!). I love that he can see the world and what I am doing when I carry him, and I narrate my day as we move around. The big dilemma now, however, is what to do in the summer. Will the Ergo be too hot? We do a ton of walking and hiking and don't forget Hawaii! I am thinking about getting a linen or gauze wrap, but I don't think I will be able to carry him the distance that I need to. I did a trip to the mall with the Lovey Dud and I was tired after, which doesn't happen with my Ergo. Plus, he doesn't L.O.V.E the newborn positioning in a wrap, but I think he will like it alot better when he can move to the big-baby positioning. Should we just forget about baby wearing in Hawaii and use a an umbrella stroller (with shade cover, of course!)? The Ergo for the airport, definitely!
Okay, got to go! This post took me two days to write and right now Noah is done and ready for his bath! Hope I can post sooner rather than later!



Hey! I love reading your blog, as usual. I was going to tell you that sometimes when you are nursing in the middle of night, or whatever, you should write quick journal entries for Noah. I can barely remember our routines and things from Bella's first few weeks of life. It helps so much that I have short journal entries from some of the months so that I can remember what exactly was going on. You might also print some of these blog entries for Noah's baby book, or to give to him later. Let's walk later this week! :) I love having days off especially now that you are home.
ReplyDeleteI loooooove that OSU diaper! Aaron wears a ton of orange, so we feel that we are repping OSU pretty well down here in the Southwest. I also have the Thirsties blackbird print (just the cover), and it's so stinkin' cute. Sounds like you're doing amazing! I only started running about 3-4 months after my c/s, and it's only become comfortable in the past two months or so (but I'm also not very consistent yet). It was kind of uncomfortable at first, with the achey/stretchy sensation in my stomach. Good luck! I love, love, LOVE my Ergo, more so as he gets older! It's so comfy!
ReplyDeleteNoah is absolutely adorable, so glad you're doing well and enjoying him so much! They really do grow way too fast.
I feel pressure to start the running because summer is around the corner, for sure! But I am only 6 weeks post-op so I am too scared. Hope to go back to the gym Saturday for the first time and see how it goes!
ReplyDeleteWe are very happy with our Bum Genius one-size pockets.
ReplyDeleteWe will also be going to Hawaii this summer, but I admit that we'll probably just do disposables. We just got Ella an iPlay hat on Amazon that we really like (it's adjustable so it will grow with her).
As for blogging, my typical blogging time is when Ella is breastfeeding. Noah will get big enough and strong enough to hang on, and you'll be surprised all you can do when you've got him attached. :)