So, I am new to this blogging thing, but as several people have been asking about the whereabouts/absence of my traditional "Katidid" emails, I will now attempt to post blogs as a way to keep y'all interested people updated.
As most of you know, the biggest thing going on in my life right now is my transition from Nanny to grad student at Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon. I'll be getting my Master of Arts in Teaching which will certify me to teach pre-elementary and elementary school. The tentative plan is to get through school, get a full-time teaching job and then start trying to get pregnant September of 2009. We hope to time the baby with the end of the school year so I'll have at least a full year's experience under my belt before taking time off to raise kiddos. That is the plan, but who knows, I could love teaching so much that I want to work for a few more years before popping out the babes (tee hee hee). Jason is not in much rush for kids, but he does have his moments where he really wants a baby. I don't know exactly what he will do with it once it gets here, as his only baby experience is with our Godson Cole and my baby Chunk that I used to take care of... He sort of gets this frightened look in his eyes at the thought of having to hold a kid, so it should be funny, but I digress... I am not preggers and it'll be a while so no use talking about it, though I am OBSESSED with baby clothes (Gymboree, Baby Gap) and baby names (we have a running list on our wall in the office).
Another thing chronically on my mind besides leaving Nolan and Bella and starting school is Jason's current career as an engineer with Intel and his desire to change careers and go into medicine. He started off pre-med in college but abandoned it because he just wanted to graduate and start making money so he could support a family, and I am glad he did, because we have a good income that has allowed me to putter around deciding my career and a nice house and insurance, etc. However, he feels like engineering isn't his calling, and that itch to serve others in a more direct capacity isn't being scratched. Part of it is his cousin Justin's death last year from cancer. Jason HATES cancer with a vengence, and would love to be an oncologist and do as much as he can for the people plagued with it, but it is so morbid and sad that secretly I hope he will go into another speciality. Something happy like obstetrics or pediatrics or something. I think he would be EXCELLENT as an ER physician because he responds very well and clearly under pressure and is LIGHTNING quick. Never seen anyone with a faster reaction time (and the fact that our Rottweiler Duke is still alive is a testament to that - Jason has saved him at least three times from certain death by strangulation...) Anyway, discussing a specialty is premature, but anyway, it stresses me out to think of the long road ahead. We at least have a few years before starting med school as he has a few pre-reqs, the MCAT to study for and schools to apply to. It just costs so much bloody money and I realize that I would probably feel like a single lady for quite a few years, and/or a single parent if it gets to that point. But I want him to be happy and fulfilled in his work, and if he doesn't try for being a doctor, I don't think he will ever be truly satisfied and will always have regrets and "what-ifs". Anyway, just some stuff on my mind, as well as stupid people's ignorance about Pitbulls. Okay, I have to go to bed now, because as most of you know I hit the hay at 9:00 every night so I can get plenty of rest for my workout and following day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment