Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Monday, December 13, 2010

Awkward is putting it lightly...

So we are not doing pregnancy photos. I thought that I might want to, but at this point I am just trying to make it through this pregnancy without consuming to constant exhaustion/pain and with a healthy, relatively normal sized baby. Both are taking all my energy. This has also been a very nerve-wracking, stressful experience for me and while I REALLY want my baby, I don't exactly want to remember the pregnancy. Plus I feel fat. Plus I am too lazy. My brother-in-law suggested family photos and I about hit the roof. McSexy hurriedly squelched the proposal while I screeched in the background (while I stomped my feet - not my finest moment), "HE HAS GOT TO BE FREAKING KIDDING ME WHY THE #$%^ WOULD HE PICK THE FATTEST TIME OF MY LIFE TO DO PHOTOS WHEN I AM PALE AND LOOK LIKE A HAG AND BARELY SHOWER AND CAN'T STAND FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES WITHOUT THROBBING THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU BETTER PUT AN END TO THAT IDEA I AM HAVING ENOUGH OF A PROBLEM INCUBATING THIS BABY! $%#^ NO!" And then I started crying. Luckily, my mother-in-law backed me up and was just as horrified - "Leave Katie alone!" were her exact words. There was no way. So, I don't really feel like doing pregnancy photos, but I wish I did. Please don't hate me, Noah. I really love you, just not the process of getting you!

BUT, I am able to appreciate the beautiful pregnancy photos that others do, including these gems...


Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, you just made my day! I love you so much and don't blame you at all. Plus, look how creepy some of those are- who would want that on their mantle? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right--that picture is totally, 100% creepily awkward.

    But it makes me really sad to hear that you don't want to do pictures. I am genuinely sad to hear that you are so uncomfortable (and it makes me realize that I took my "easy" pregnancy for granted). I wouldn't wish your pain and discomfort on anyone. But I feel like I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't suggest that you might want to reconsider possibly, someday, maybe considering thinking about the remote chance of perhaps taking some maternity pictures. I understand that you're uncomfortable now, and I'm trying to keep in perspective that I wasn't in the same position as you at this point in my pregnancy, but I love looking back on my belly. After three losses, I love the visual reminders that my body did what it was supposed to do for once! I was so extremely proud of my belly, and I hope that you can feel that sense of accomplishment as well. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but if you have a friend who is good at photography (ie, I know Melissa has a great eye), perhaps they could come to your house and take a few shots for you. It doesn't have to be anything fancy--I was going for "warm and simple" in mine (she was a friend of a friend, and we just did them at our mutual friend's home). And no you're not fat--you're pregnant! How many times in our lives do we get to say that we are indeed pregnant and not fat?! I guess I'm just wanting you to be able to have something to look back on when all is said and done and Noah is safely in your arms.

    Okay--I'm done, and I really hope that I didn't offend or hurt you or push you too much. I just want the best for you. :)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I totally understand the part about not remembering pregnancy. Until my brain can block out most of it, I can't even imagine going through pregnancy again and having another child. Even though it was completely worth it. I love Aaron so very much, but those 9 months were about the most miserable months of my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is HILARIOUS!!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin