...when just a towel brushing my nipples makes me double over?? Just sayin'. I've always been a huge proponent of breastfeeding (big boo formula (unless there is a medical reason - I'm not a total idiot, people)) but holy moley, if my boobs keep getting bigger and sorer, there is no way that baby is getting anywhere near them. Not going to rest his little Nuggety head on them and CERTAINLY not going to put those little wolverine lips around them.
Will they pop if they get any bigger? I am seriously worried about this! Anytime I take my bra off at night I start moaning and sucking in air like I've stubbed my toe. For those of you who have been lucky (or unlucky) enough to see them in real life (Amy, Becky), you know what I mean. It is getting to the point where my bra plus shirts do nothing to hide my cleavage. I am going to need to take a shopping trip soon (if I ever feel good enough or energetic enough or have any time with school starting TOMORROW AHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT IS SCHOOL ALREADY I AM NOT READY HELP ME!!!) Oooooops. Did that slip out?
I also need more pants or at least a belly band. I have started (yes, at 12 weeks) to need to use a hair thingy to wrap around my pant button. My shirts will last a while yet.
I also must be feeling bad about getting fatter, because I keep having these dreams about McSexy either cheating on me or all of a sudden confessing to all these random liaisons before our romance began almost 8 years ago. If you know my hubband AT ALL, you know that 1) he is probably the last man in the world who would ever cheat and 2) he was a total prude and definitely didn't have anything resembling a sexual fling with anyone before he met me. Actually, you might say he was clueless as to any "thing" any girl had for him and I basically had to hit him over the head with a baseball bat to get him to realize I liked him. So, anyway, I wake up most mornings in a panic...aaaaand then turn over and whisper threats into his ear as to what exactly I will do if I ever hear of any wandering ways. Brahahahahaha.
BUT. I love my baby and Nugget is worth it. Just sayin'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



The soreness will abate a bit before too long. The boob growing thing won't stop - but you'll stop wanting to curse at the air when it hits them.
ReplyDeleteThen, you'll have little nugget, and your milk will come in. And that's a whole new level of hell.
Nursing helps the hell - I promise. And, It's totally worth it.
NOT trying to make you nervous. But, everybody talked about the "beauty" of it all during class and whatnot when I was pregnant with B. I felt like I had been hit by a train, because nobody was truly honest about it - and it almost made me give up breastfeeding. I'm glad I didn't.
Yep - I got the rainbow picture of breast-feeding and was shocked when it all started. However, it makes you feel better, I am smaller chested now that I am nursing and not pregnant and it didn't hurt for my milk to come in. I just assume all that pregnancy swelling prepared them to receive my milk - the latching part still killed though but it's getting way better and easier...
ReplyDeleteYou are funny! And do not worry! You will be less sore as time goes on...
ReplyDeleteFor me, the first time around I had no problems with breastfeeding and don't remember being sore at all, but this time OUCH. My nips have been sore but I finally figured out that if you are doing it right, breastfeeding IS NOT SUPPOSED TO HURT. I think it hurt this time because I was rusty and didn't take a class just before as we did with Cameron. If you can, take some sort of breastfeeding class (ours was integrated into the hospital childbirth class) -it will help you a lot.
I bet you are the cutest preggo lady in the world! :) Good luck getting through these next few weeks of school and remember...your energy WILL return! Hang in there!
Haha, thats so funny Katie. I'm an E cup now ... and im tiny ... I feel your pain, its one of the most annoying things I've dealt with. People keep saying "you are all boobs, no baby" ugh.
ReplyDeleteBrynn
Hi! Thanks for visiting my family blog in addition to my craft blog! If you read the other comments on the article I posted about not letting children cry it out, you'll see none of my friends agreed with me! So it was nice to get your supportive comment. My baby still wakes up a ton at night (she is 14 months)so it is DEFINITELY not easy, but the same way I wouldn't just leave her to cry during the day, I could never leave her to cry at night. Even though almost EVERYONE tells me to, ad nauseum.
ReplyDeleteAlso (this might be TMI) but I never even let my husband touch my breasts because of extreme sensitivity so I was very concerned I wouldn't be able to breastfeed either. And it hurt me a TON for the first few weeks even though we were doing it right, but I forced myself to continue and I'm so glad I did because it took about a month or more for it to stop hurting. 14 months later and she's still a champion-nurser. :)
Jessica
http://craftily-ever-after.blogspot.com