Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


"
My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours… it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us more powerfully and personally. If this is true, it means that to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but also spiritually."

-Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

Monday, June 15, 2009

Post-Graduate Life

Since finishing my worksample, I spent this past weekend doing absolutely nothing. Jason was sick on Saturday, so we basically sat around the house. I have been very fatigued so I tried to sleep most of the day, but to no avail. Same Sunday. Tried to sleep, couldn't. The most productive thing I did was clean Alice and Hazel's cage and take the dogs to the dog park. We had Laura's Pittie Diesel, and it was his first time at the dog park and he did fabulous. Extremely well behaved and kind to the other dogs. Two dogs got into a fight right next to him and he backed away, ears back, and laid down, pretty much terrified. That was the real test. Pitties hardly start the fight, but they always end it.

Today, however, I taught all day, went to the gym, went to the library to get my kiddos a video on westward expansion, and then cleaned the house. We are trying to get ready for camping on Friday, and I am hyper-organized, so of course I have to start the week before. That's all. I do have a teaching tidbit of the day, however:

Me: Elliot, I really enjoyed reading your persuasive letter. You have excellent voice in your writing!
Elliot: Really?
Me: Yes!
Elliot: Oh. I didn't know I had a voice.

Ta da!

Baby Name of the Day: Delilah. Jason loves it, as do I. However, I would want to call her Lilah, and Jason doesn't really care for that nickname. It means "delicate." I am not sure a girl of ours will ever be delicate, but at least it has a nice meaning. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin